24 March 2011

Week 3 and 4 of Boot Camp

So I didn't get to blog last week. It's been a pretty crazy month for me. In all honesty I am ready for it to slow down and to be in OKC. Yes I know even when I am there it will be crazy busy too but it will be a different kind of busy...one that I think I will enjoy! I am counting down the days...69 to go! 78 until the wedding day! :) Okay now back to boot camp....Last week, was a disappointing week for me. We weighted in like we do every week and....NOTHING. I didn't lose a thing! I feel like I work so hard and I try really hard to eat the right things and I expect to see SOMETHING but I got not an ounce! I left wanting to give up. Thinking to myself, "what's the point?" But this week I got back to it and I'm feeling strong again. We weight in again tonight and I hope no matter what it says I can stay strong and keep pushing through. I was told today by THREE people all in 2 hours that I looked GREAT and that I looked skinny!!! YAY!!! That made me feel good so at least I know something is working. :) I have an example of one of the workouts we did on Tuesday. It wasn't as bad as some of the others but it's one that I wrote down and thought I would challenge you all to try yourself.

Warm up on the bike for 5 minutes at a level 5 or 6

Push the level up to at least a 10 and peddle as hard as you can for 30 seconds and then slow it down for 30 seconds. Do this for 5 minutes.

2 sets of 30 on a shoulder weight machine

2 sets of 100 jump ropes

2 sets of 30 cattle bell swings

2 sets of 30 leg presses

5 mins at level 10 stair steppers

3 sets of 5 burpies

2 sets of 30 pull up machine

2 sets of 30 crunches with weighted ball

2 sets of 30 chest press

3 straight minutes-no stops wall squats (you put a yoga ball on your lower back and squat)

10% incline for 5 minutes on the treadmill

Finish with a 5 minute cool down on the bike

This is what we did on Tuesday night this week. I felt like I was going throw up by the end and had to stay longer than the 60 minutes to complete the whole thing but I did it! Try it out. If you don't know what something is find a trainer at your gym or email me and I'll explain the best I can. Anyway, I'll let yall know my result from my weight in tonight. Pray it's something good so my spirits will stay high! Much love from Sunny England (finally)!

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there Dana! Remember it's not all the scale! Are your clothes fitting different, are you feeling healthier? Sometimes the difference is on the outside and others it's on the inside (with cardiovascular stuff and such). I have faith in you! Remember, even on The Biggest Loser, sometimes people have low weeks! You can do it and I know you are going to make that dress shine! You are such a beautiful woman to start with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you would get back in there, Dana! Way to go. I am so proud of your efforts and accomplishment. You will see it to the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm tired & sore just reading all of that! As for the scale, you have to keep in mind that you're gaining muscle, which I'm sure you know weighs more than chub. So, you're probably just counter-balancing those two. Keep it up! You will see the results you want in the end! Trust me...I've been there...and wish I was again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Dana! You rock girl! Everything you are doing is a fabulous! Don't get down for not losing weight. Maybe you gained more muscle this week? So you really did lose weight but you didn't see it on the scale because of the muscle gain? I bet you are looking fabulous, so keep up the good work. So proud of you! Tell me how you did this week!

    ReplyDelete