11 March 2011

Boot Camp week 2=FINISHED

So I've completed two weeks of boot camp already. It's been hard. My body hurts so bad that I hardly can walk. Between my angle hurting, my knee hurting, my shins killing me, and then just the normal pain of muscle hurting I feel like I'm going to die...every day! It never gets better! lol I know in the end I will be proud and the pain will be worth it!

This week was tough. Monday we had to run at a 10% incline on the treadmill for 10 mins! UMMM...are they crazy?? LOL I couldn't run the whole time but I sure tired. My legs were burning so bad. After that they taught us how to use the weight machines. I have never left feeling like that after lifting weights. It was all legs and arms-two sets of 15 and in between each rotation we had to do push-ups and jumping squats. We rotated in between 7 different machines going around 3 times. It was tough.

Tuesday we went to the commissary and were taught what foods to eat and not eat and what things to buy and not to buy. I learned a lot of things such as your sugars should be 5 to 6 grams or less and your fats 6 to 7 grams. Whole wheat and no whites! But you have to check the first ingredient to make sure it says WHOLE WHEAT because there is a lot of false advertising on packages. We also had to do 60 mins of cardio that day since we didn't do anything at boot camp so I did the kickboxing class taught by one of our trainers.

Wednesday we did the 10% incline on the treadmill for 10 mins again and then we did the same thing we did with our arm and leg weight lifting but this time we did it with ab exercise. It was pretty killer. I laughed yesterday because I think it was on Tuesday that I read my friend Katie's status on Facebook where she said "It hurts my abs when I sneeze." I sneezed yesterday and laughed because it hurt when I sneezed. I felt your pain Katie! :) After the ab workout we had to do the same arm and leg machines 2 rounds.

Yesterday (Thursday) we weighed in!!! I weighed in at 166.4!!!!!! I have lost 4 pounds!!! The trainers were so impressed and very proud of me! I was the only one to really lose that much! I left feeling great! After weigh-in we did a high intensity workout with weighted bar, weighted balls and squats, running, and lunges!

With my results this past week of real workout and eating right (we started two weeks ago on Monday but we haven't really worked out or started eating right until Thursday) I feel great! I want to keep pushing myself and see how far I can go! It made me want to work even harder...no cheating when it comes to eating and working my hardest at each workout. The weekends are the hardest for me. There is usually at least one party of some short with lots of yummy yummy food but OH SO bad for me! We also have to do two day so of work out on the weekend. They call it our homework. This weekend’s homework is to do 2 different cardios for 35mins and 500 total of our 3 "favorite" ab workouts, 500 jump ropes, and 50 pushups. I think that's it! :) I don't have it in front of me.

Thank you to everyone who keeps encouraging me and supporting me! I truly appreciate it!

2 comments:

  1. SO great Dana!!! 4 lb weight lose is so great, and you are doing amazing! You should feel very proud of yourself! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm tired just reading all that you've done! Good job girl! Maybe you're not related to me after all! ;)

    Love as always!

    ReplyDelete